More progress needs to be made to close the leadership gender gap. Today, women currently make up 52 percent of the workforce, yet hold only 6 percent of top corporate positions.
Extensive research shows that a greater representation of women in leadership positions helps organizations attract the best talent, reduce turnover, achieve better outcomes, improve access to target markets and minimize financial risk.
While many have taken steps to improve workplace diversity, the problem persists because of ingrained cultural norms, workplace structures and patterns of interaction that inherently favor men.
Smith Executive Education programs provide women leaders the tools to recognize and address these often invisible challenges so that they can reach their full potential as leaders, and their organizations can benefit from the diversity of thought and talent that comes with gender parity.
Our unique approach is designed to:
- Identify and tackle the unique barriers to advancement faced by women
- Prioritize women’s preferred learning styles
- Explore the leadership growth opportunities that particularly support women
- Expand women’s network of true peers
- Allow women to explore their leadership identity