The success of any multinational organization depends on how prepared its leaders are to conduct business at the global level. The Senior Executive Leadership program prepares senior women leaders to take their organizations to the next level during times of profound disruption.
Senior Executive Program
Women’s Leadership Profile: Senior global executives
About the Program
Participants explore the behaviors that have shaped their leadership thus far, and are challenged to adopt new behaviors that will strengthen their capacity to lead going forward.
FOR THE ORGANIZATION
Our partner organizations report significant improvements in areas including leadership, strategic thinking, and retention as a direct result of sponsoring women in Smith programs.
This Smith Executive Education program produces:
- A pipeline of female senior executives prepared for the C-Suite
- Business leaders with an increased capacity to lead innovation
- Energized and inspired leadership
- Career-sustaining connections and networks
FOR THE PARTICIPANT
The Senior Executive Program is designed to propel women to new heights of leadership success.
Women who attend the Senior Executive Program:
- Learn leadership strategies for critical global business and social trends
- Practice Innovative Thinking for organizational performance and results
- Recognize barriers to success and how to address them
- Create a compelling leadership narrative to lead with vision
- Expand capacity to drive strategy and execution in the context of profound disruption
- Invest in personal health and well-being for sustainable career success
- Build a career-spanning global network of powerful women
2019 CURRICULUM ELEMENTS
- Breaking Internal Barriers to Success
– Understand the dynamics of impostor syndrome and the impact on senior executives and their organizations.
- Your Leadership Narrative
– Explore key behaviors that enhance leadership outcomes
- Strategic Decision-making
- Learn techniques to improve the decision-making process in the face of rapid deadlines and missing information
- Roundtable Discussions: Career Management Strategies
– Network with a group of dynamic, high-level peers
- Daily Reflection
– Integrate knowledge with personal insights and wisdom for greater clarity and purpose
Additional leadership benefits for the program include:
- Daily wellness programs that model how to increase energy, well-being, and stress-resilience
- Exposure to true peers, across industries and around the globe
- Post-program access to networking and continuing learning opportunities
Why a Women-Only Classroom?
Smith’s signature all-women classroom model supports women’s natural collaborative and participatory learning style, creating an environment where women can take full advantage of their learning experience. Research shows that all-women learning environments inspire increased risk-taking and greater confidence both in and outside the classroom, especially for women working in male-dominated fields.
- Breaking Internal Barriers to Success
Who Should Attend?
The Senior Executive Program for Women is for top global business leaders who shape a strategic vision during times of accelerating complexity and risk, and are on their way to the C-Suite.
SAMPLE PARTICIPANT TITLES:
- VP, Global Regulatory Affairs
- Director, Global Retail Environments
- R&D Director, Asia Pacific Region
- SVP, Global Diversity and Inclusion
- VP, Worldwide Digital Strategy
A Network for Life
Women who attend the Senior Executive Program for Women build a global network of true peers – other women executives striving to advance their careers in the face of isolation, subtle bias, and ongoing struggles with work-life integration.
A World-Class Faculty
Smith College Executive Education draws its world-class faculty from top institutions, businesses, and consultancies around the globe. The result is a team of educators dedicated to developing the whole leader, covering topics like strategy, innovation, confidence, negotiation, leadership behaviors, health and well-being for leaders, hands-on business simulations, and more.
Accommodations/What to Bring
- All participants are hosted at the historic Hotel Northampton, 56 King Street, Northampton, MA, with check-in on July 14th and check-out on July 19th
- The hotel is located a convenient 8-minute walk from campus in the heart of charming Northampton, MA
- Parking is not available on campus; a daily shuttle is provided for those who choose not to walk
- Breakfast, lunch, and most dinners are provided with ample breaks throughout each day
- If you require a room for early arrival or wish to stay after the program ends you will need to arrange accommodations at one of our local hotels:
What to Bring
- Business casual wear is appropriate for all sessions
- Comfortable shoes
- Layered clothing to adjust to changing temperatures both inside and outside
- Workout clothes - we have a gym and numerous running routes
- Laptop and other electronic devices
- No need to bring an umbrella, we will provide you with one
Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
Space is limited; reserve seats now.
Have a Question?
Contact Meredith Courtney at
Phone: (413) 585-2586