Unlock your leadership potential with the Leadership Development Certificate. This comprehensive program is designed to equip you with the essential skills, knowledge, and strategies required to excel as a manager and leader. Whether you are a seasoned manager or looking to move into a supervisory role, this certificate provides both the basics and advanced strategies to help you succeed.
The Leadership Development Certificate consists of three online programs:
- Essentials for Managing Effectively (self-paced/asynchronous program: access Oct 1 - Apr 1)
- Negotiation Essentials (self-paced/asynchronous program: access Oct 1 - Apr 1)
- Leadership Communication Skills (live/synchronous program: February 13 - 15, 2024; sessions held 1:00-3:30 p.m. ET each day)
Program Content Highlights:
- Management: Dive into the intricacies of effective management. Explore techniques for getting work done through others, closing the loop with feedback, and navigating difficult conversations. Acquire the skills needed to lead with confidence and steer your team towards success.
- Negotiation: Negotiation is at the heart of impactful leadership. Gain insights into best practices for different types of negotiations, how and when to ask questions, and when to share information. You'll identify how your personal story can affect your negotiation performance and select appropriate approaches to negotiate more effectively.
- Personal Presence & Impact: Leaders with a strong personal presence command attention and inspire their teams. Uncover the secrets to cultivating an authentic and compelling leadership presence. Learn how to exude confidence, establish credibility, and connect on a deeper level with your team.
- Powerful Presentations: Delivering captivating presentations is a crucial leadership skill. Hone your ability to craft and deliver powerful messages that resonate with your audience. From structuring content to using visuals effectively, this session will provide actionable advice and opportunities to practice key skills for more powerful presentations
- Effective Communication: Effective leadership hinges on effective communication. Explore key elements of effective communication, identify and close communication gaps, and use "clean talk" to express and understand important messages. Develop the agility to adapt your communication approach to different situations and personalities.
Certificate Program Benefits:
- Combination of live online and self-paced learning
- Practical, actionable learnings that can immediately be applied to your projects and initiatives as a leader
- Flexible, online program format
- Engagement opportunities including quarterly networking circles with other professionals and Smith Exec Ed Alumni
Joel Gould, email@example.com