Teams that value diversity and inclusion are able to increase collaboration and create a better workplace experience for all. In this program, you’ll learn how to cultivate an environment that encourages productive conversations around equity, collaborate while respecting individuality, address workplace issues including bias, and become an ally within your team and organization.
Time to complete: 8 hours
Content includes: Activities, community discussion and learning resources
This program is for leaders at all levels.
Identity, Inclusion, and Equity for High Performing Teams
In this session, we will examine the impact of culture, identity, and intersectionality on group dynamics. Cultural competency, like other professional skills, requires an intentional and disciplined approach to viewing the world from different perspectives. We will cover a variety of diversity and inclusion topics including stereotype threat, microaggressions, implicit bias, and the allyship continuum. You will:
- Learn how to cultivate a team environment that values equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Discuss cultural competency as an essential part of team building
- Develop courage for productive conversations about identity, inclusion, and equity
Just Work: Overcoming Workplace Injustice
Although we are all aware of the need to overcome our biases, we consistently exclude, underestimate, and underutilize huge numbers of people in the workforce while including, overestimating, and promoting others. In this session we will discuss how we can recognize, attack, and eliminate workplace injustice while helping to improve our careers, teams and organizations. After introducing key frameworks, we will discuss and practice responding to common workplace scenarios. You will:
- Learn a practical framework for collaborating effectively while respecting individuality.
- Recognize the role you need to play in different situations.
- Practice responding to workplace issues including bias, prejudice, and bullying.
This session is based on the new book Just Work: Get Sh*t Done, Fast & Fair by Kim Scott, author of the revolutionary New York Times bestseller Radical Candor.
Finding Joy Through Inclusivity
We want to be more inclusive in our collaborations yet when asked who we want to work with on challenging projects, our first thoughts are often the traditional high performers or people already in our networks. How can we shift our mindsets to welcome working collaboratively with people who have different work styles, experiences, and abilities? Borrowing from key methods and mindsets used in the human-centered design process, we will discuss tips for making our collaborations inclusive of a wide range of voices and, in turn, more productive and joyful. You will:
- Learn to identify abilities, strengths and needs in yourself and your team
- Connect as individuals and as a unit to your overall mission
- Leave with frameworks for co-creating team norms including what needs to be done collaboratively vs independently to utilize other’s strengths
$1,200; early registration rate $1,000 (before Nov 5)
Group discounts are available. Contact Meredith Courtney to learn more.
Meredith Courtney firstname.lastname@example.org