Emerging leaders moving up in the organization must quickly learn and apply strong management, communication and strategic skills. In this course, you will learn to problem solve and collaborate in complex work environments, create a culture of open and candid communication, and understand how to leverage emotional intelligence to build great teams.
Time to complete: 8 hours
Live sessions: 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. ET on July 28, 29 and 30
Access to content: July 14 to September 11, 2020
Content includes: Activities, community discussion and learning resources
This program is for Emerging Leaders
Elevating Your Problem-Solving Leadership
Would you like to feel more confident leading projects and tackling problems that are ambiguous or new to you? Do you aspire to contribute more substantively in meetings with executives and cross-functional peers? Have you experienced analysis paralysis and/or challenges distilling insights from complex analysis in a simple way? In this interactive session, you'll be introduced to frameworks and approaches effective business leaders use to:
- Identify ambiguous problems, issues, and opportunities from a strategic business perspective
- Prioritize and focus limited resources on the most critical issues
- Facilitate quick decision making in a multi-stakeholder environment and communicate recommendations effectively
This immersive session will introduce the concepts of Radical Candor for soliciting, giving, and receiving feedback using the Radical Candor principles of Caring Personally and Challenging Directly. We will then dive into real-life scenarios, providing opportunities to practice Radical Candor in a safe and supportive environment so you can apply your learnings immediately at work and in your personal life. You’ll learn how to:
- Create a culture of guidance and feedback
- Move from command and control to collaboration
- Learn to offer both praise and criticism helpfully and humbly
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
Emotions are data! Emotionally intelligent leaders - those who can identify, understand and regulate their own emotional data - positively impact the emotions and experience of others. Research shows that these leaders have a happier, more creative, and innovative workforce. In this interactive session, you will learn the core skills of emotional intelligence and practices that will help you cultivate and deepen these skills, including:
- Identifying what emotions (it is never just one!) you are experiencing
- Understanding what emotions support and hinder your tasks as leaders
- Learning ways to increase emotional agility
- Supporting those you lead in learning all of these practices
This course requires about eight hours to complete. There are three two-hour live sessions on July 28, 29 and 30 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. ET. Online content will be available from July 14 to September 11, 2020 including activities related to the live sessions, community discussions, and learning resources.
Group discounts are available. Contact Meredith Courtney to learn more.